Saturday, June 19, 2010

Welcome to the family, Alfie.

After literally years of waiting for the right time and searching for the right breed of dog for us, Sean and I finally brought home a little bundle of Vizsla love, who is now known as "Alfie."

We decided on a Hungarian Vizsla, a fairly uncommon breed in this country, but well-known in Europe to be excellent hunters and companion dogs. We wanted a short-haired dog that likes to learn, loves to swim, and adores people. When we came upon the Vizsla breed, it was love at first sight.

When Alfie and his littermates turned 6 weeks old, Sean and I drove up to Redding to pick him out. After holding the other possible boy, I went inside and found this one sleeping soundly in a puppy pile in his crate. I pulled him out to see if he made a fuss, but as you can see from this video, he gave me nothing but love. He would be known as Alfie.

No comments:

Post a Comment